The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Cuba's power handover: 'End of the Castro era' or 'political theatre'?
- FIFA charges Russia over racist chants against France's black players
- PSG win French Ligue 1 title after beating defending champions Monaco 7-1
- Man City clinch Premier League title as United crash to West Brom
- Champions League: Late Ronaldo penalty sees Real past Juventus
- Roma stage miracle comeback to knock Barcelona out of Champions League
Date created : 2011-06-27