The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Portugal’s Ronaldo wins UEFA award for best player in Europe
- Video: The European dream of Abidjan street footballers
- Neymar the shootout hero as Brazil win first Olympic football gold
- After USA upset, Sweden shock hosts Brazil in women's football
- FIFA president Infantino cleared of wrongdoing in ethics probe
- Euro 2016 champions Portugal return home to hero’s welcome
Date created : 2011-06-27