The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Can French football clubs finally break into the elite?
- Man City sending spree continues with €58mn for French defender Mendy
- Bend it like Le Sommer: French women eye football breakthrough
- Several killed in Senegal stadium crush
- China dreams of superpower status on the football pitch
- PSG shoots for Champions League win with Alves acquisition
Date created : 2011-06-27