The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Former Brazil striker Robinho sentenced to 9 years in prison for rape in Italy
- Champions League: PSG turn on style in 7-1 demolition of Celtic
- Abject Monaco crash out of Champions League with 4-1 loss to Leipzig
- Peru brush aside New Zealand to complete World Cup lineup
- Italy fail to reach World Cup after being held to 0-0 draw by Sweden
- Barca football club won't be used as political tool, says club president
Date created : 2011-06-27