The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Paris Saint-Germain becomes world's best-paid sports team
- Zidane’s son leads France to Euro 2015 U17 football finals
- Netanyahu agrees to Israeli-Palestinian ‘match for peace’ amid football row
- Footballer Ayew named African player of the year in France’s Ligue 1
- Barcelona clinches 23rd La Liga title
- PSG claim third straight French title
Date created : 2011-06-27