The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Egypt puts ex-footballer suspected of funding Muslim Brotherhood on terror list
- Ayew penalty seals narrow win for Ghana over Uganda at Cup of Nations
- Holders Ivory Coast stumble in Africa Cup of Nations opener
- FIFA increases World Cup teams from 32 to 48 from 2026
- Cristiano Ronaldo wins FIFA Player of the Year 2016 award
- Rooney matches Charlton's Manchester United scoring record
Date created : 2011-06-27