The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- UEFA’s Platini in court for crucial appeal hearing
- Hillsborough tragedy: After 27 years, justice
- Hillsborough stadium victims were unlawfully killed, jury finds
- French govt to propose extending state of emergency to cover Euro 2016
- China aims to become a football super power
- France's Benzema barred from Euro 2016 over sex tape scandal
Date created : 2011-06-27