The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Grudges over tickets, handballs form backdrop for Ireland-France ‘revenge’ match
- UK's EU referendum: 'I would #usepens but it was a bic from France so I didn't bother'
- Chile storm into Copa America final with 2-0 win over Colombia
- Messi breaks Argentina goal record in 4-0 drubbing of US
- Croatia storm into Euro last 16 with 2-1 victory over Spain
- Northern Ireland earn historic 2-0 win over Ukraine at Euro 2016
Date created : 2011-06-27