The 2011 Women’s World Cup got off to an exciting start Sunday as champions Germany beat Canada 2-1 and a game between France and Nigeria saw the stands packed to bursting point before France beat their rivals 1-0.
AP - On a great day for women’s football, it was a good day for Europe’s teams.
WOMEN'S WORLD CUP 2011
- Nigeria : Suicide bombers die in failed attack with suspected Boko Haram links
- Inspired PSG demolish Barcelona 4-0 in Champions League last-16 tie
- At least 17 killed in stampede at Angola football stadium
- Cameroon beats Egypt to win fifth Africa Cup of Nations football title
- Burkina Faso snatches third place in Africa Cup of Nations with late goal
- FIFA increases World Cup teams from 32 to 48 from 2026
Date created : 2011-06-27