Latest update: 30/06/2011
- debt - Economic crisis - euro - eurozone - Greece
Greek myths and reality
Belt-tightening has been approved but the numbers don’t add up: even if Greece goes through with the privatisations it has promised, it will still be swimming in debt. François Picard’s panel discuss whether Greeks can come up with answers on their own, inside or out of the eurozone.
- Efthymios ARAVANTINOS. Press counselor, Greek Embassy in Paris.
- Ali FATEMI. Professor and Chairman Department of Finance, American Graduate School of Economics in Paris.
- Yanis VAROUFAKIS. Professor of Economic Theory, Athens University (from Athens).
- Bernardo BARTOLOTTI. Professor of Economics at the University of Turin and founder of the Privatization Barometer (from Turin, Italy).