Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 18/07/2011
- Afghanistan - debt - Economic crisis - French military - Libya - Muammar Gaddafi
The World This Week - 15 July
Why are ideological battle lines over debt drawn so deep when politicians can see that markets are predicting doom ? François Picard’s panel ponders that and another story that’s gone global, the possible demise of the Murdoch media empire.
- Mildrade CHERFILS. Paris Correspondent, GlobalPost.
- Judah GRUNSTEIN. Editor-in-Chief, World Politics Review.
- Régis LE SOMMIER. Managing Editor, Paris Match.
- Annette YOUNG. France 24 journalist.