Latest update: 01/08/2011
- Africa - China - debt - Dominique Strauss-Kahn - Famine - Norway - terrorism - trains - US economy
The World This Week - July 29th, 2011
The rest of the world may quiver over the debt deadlock but all that matters to Washington lawmakers are the phone calls, letters, and emails of frenzied constituents. Also, the media blitz of Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s New York accuser, and the difference between democracy and free speech in the wake of the China train disaster.
- ZHANG Xin. Journalist, Xinhua News Agency;
- George KAZOLIAS. News Producer at AITV-RFO, Professor at the American University of Paris;
- Billie OKADAMERI. Journalist, Africa specialist, Radio France Internationale;
- Eric OLANDER. Digital Media Editor, France 24.