Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 05/08/2011
- credit crisis - debt - markets - world economy
Rating agencies: are they too powerful? (part 2)
It's human nature to want to blame someone when things go wrong, and that might explain why officials in Europe and the United States are pointing the finger at the debt ratings agencies. Some say the ratings agencies are making a bad situation worse...but aren't the folks at S&Ps, Fitch and Moody's just doing their job?
- David WEIDNER. Columnist, Wall Street Journal (from New York);
- Jean-Michel SIX. Chief European Economist, Standard and Poor's;
- Sara BERTIN. Managing Director, Sovereign Advisory, Société Générale - Former Senior Analyst at Moody's;
- Philippe d'ARVISENET. Associate Professor of Economics, Paris University - La Sorbonne.