Benedict XVI is in Madrid for a four day visit, starting off with World Youth Day. An estimated one and a half million people are expected to visit the event, and with that in mind Laura Baines asks her guests if faith could be the answer to many of the ills plaguing modern society? Or does too much focus on the afterlife mean that we neglect the chance to make life on earth better for everybody?
- Pierre WHALON. Bishop in charge of the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe;
- Myra MADHY DARIDAN. Egyptian writer, author of "Le Coran raconté aux enfants";
- Tom HENEGHAN. Religion editor, Reuters;
- Andrew COPSON. Chief executive, British Humanist Association - from London;
- Steve MARSHALL. Young participant to World Youth Days - By phone from Madrid.