Latest update: 19/08/2011
- Bashar al-Assad - dollar - Economic crisis - Egypt - euro - Israel - Libya - markets - Muammar Gaddafi - Syria
The World This Week - 19 August (part 2)
Laura Baines and her panel of journalists discuss the top international news stories of the past seven days. For this edition, Baines asks if the latest international moves against Syrian President Bashar al-Assad will stop the bloodshed; and if Egypt has lost control of the Sinai peninsula.
- Alison SMALE. Executive Editor for the International Herald Tribune;
- David CLARK. Deputy bureau chief Paris, AFP;
- Célestine BOHLEN. Freelance journalist;
- Philip TURLE. Journalist, RFI.