Latest update: 31/08/2011
- Economic crisis - taxes - US economy - world economy
Taxing the rich: should wealthy people pay more? (part 2)
The rich and super-rich want to pay more taxes to help the economy. It started with American business tycoon Warren Buffet. Then here in France, fifteen billionaires followed suit. In Italy and Germany, the wealthy have also said they want to pay more to help balance their countries' finances. But can these good intentions actually produce the desired effect? And why are billionaires offering more money?
- Tarik MOUAKIL. Economist, Author of "Asset Markets, Portfolio Choice and Macroeconomic Activity";
- Craig COPETAS. Senior writer, Bloomberg News;
- Sony KAPOOR. Managing Director, Re-Define (from Brussels);
- David LOGAN. Economist, Tax Foundation (from Washington).