Niger President Mahamadou Issoufou has told FRANCE 24 that the terrorists responsible for Thursday's twin attack on a military base and a French uranium mine in Niger came from Libya.
Latest update: 06/09/2011
- French politics - Jacques Chirac - justice - Nicolas Sarkozy - trial
Chirac on trial: former French president in the dock
With Jacques Chirac excused from the opening day of his own trial on medical grounds, what place in history will there be for a French president who remains popular but is dogged by decades-old corruption allegations? François Picard's panel reflects on the trouble with trying political leaders.
- Anne-Elisabeth MOUTET. Columnist, The Sunday Telegraph;
- Ron SOFFER. Lawyer at the Paris and New York Bars;
- Ana NAVARRO PEDRO. Journalist, Visao;
- Alberto ROMAGNOLI. Correspondent, RAI TV.