Latest update: 13/09/2011
- Africa - African politics - corruption - Dominique de Villepin - France - Jacques Chirac - Nicolas Sarkozy - Omar Bongo
Cash in hand: The money trail between France and Africa
Will fresh allegations of huge cash handouts to Nicolas Sarkozy’s predecessor and his entourage help or hurt France’s president as he mounts his re-election bid? François Picard’s panel examines a long tradition of dirty deals via France’s former African colonies.
- Michel RAIMBAUD. Former French Ambassador to Mauritania, Zimbabwe and Sudan;
- Xavier GHELBER. Member of the Paris Bar;
- Thierry LEVEQUE. Journalist, Reuters. Author of "Intouchable, Chirac face aux juges";
- David CLARK. Deputy Bureau Chief Paris, AFP;
- Dame BABOU. Senegalese Journalist - from NEW YORK.