Tunisian police clashed with supporters of Ansar al-Sharia on Sunday in Kairouan and in the suburbs of Tunis, where some 500 followers of the radical Islamist group were protesting after their annual congress was banned.
Latest update: 22/09/2011
- Barack Obama - Democrats (USA) - diplomacy - Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Palestinian Territories - Republicans (USA) - United Nations
Obama fatigue: Is the US president losing his touch?
Barack Obama may be stuck in a no-win situation when it comes to the Middle East peace process, but could he have done better? François Picard’s panel looks at the Arab World’s dashed expectations for peace between Israelis and Palestinians.
- Zachary MILLER. Chair, Minority Caucus of Democrats Abroad France;
- Stuart HAUGEN. Former President, Republicans Abroad France;
- Walid PHARES. Professor, National Defense University - from Bucharest, Romania;
- Meir JAVEDANFAR. Middle East Analyst, Meepas. Lecturer, Interdisciplinary Centre Herzliya - from Cali, Colombia;
- Thierry MARCHAL-BECK. National Secretary, French Socialist Party youth wing.