Latest update: 05/10/2011
- education - Nobel Prize - research - science
Science at what cost? (part 2)
If belt-tightening has politicians eyeing cuts in funding, there’s nothing like Nobel prize-giving season to stir passion for science. François Picard’s panel notes growing enthusiasm among teenagers, but many think twice before committing themselves to the long, arduous slog to a doctorate.
- Didier CHATENAY - Physicist, Researcher at the CNRS; Member of "Sauvons la recherche" ("Save research" committee);
- Armand AJDARI - Research & Development, Saint-Gobain France;
- Ludovic GARATTINI - President, Eurodoc (European Council of Doctoral Candidates and Junior Researchers);
- Jack GROVE - Times Higher Education Magazine (from London).