Latest update: 19/10/2011
- Benjamin Netanyahu - Gilad Shalit - Hamas - Israel - Israeli politics - Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Khaled Meshaal - Mahmoud Abbas
The Shalit Deal: mixed hopes for peace after prisoner swap
Is the Gilad Shalit prisoner exchange swap proof that the Arab Spring has forced Hamas to review some of its hardline positions? The deal in any case is proof that Hamas can makes deals with Israel, opines Al Quds Al Arabi’s Abdel Bari Atwan.
- Pierre-François VEIL. French attorney for the Shalit family;
- Sabri SAIDAM. Political advisor to the Palestinian President; Deputy Secretary General, Fatah Council - from Ramallah;
- Gil MIHAELY. Columnist, Yedioth Ahronoth;
- Abdel Bari ATWAN. Managing Editor, Al Quds Al Arabi - from London.