Latest update: 08/11/2011
- debt - Economic crisis - Economic growth - euro - Europe - eurozone - France - Germany
Austerity or bust? Fresh fears of recession threaten euro (part 2)
Is France as fiscally carefree as Greece and Italy? Markus Kerber certainly thinks so. François Picard’s panel weighs up the pros and cons of austerity at a time when growth is grinding to a halt in Europe.
- Philippe LECOMTE. Professor of Finance, 'Ecole Centrale Paris';
- Thierry DEDIEU. National Officer, CFDT Trade Union;
- Douglas HERBERT. France 24 International Affairs Editor;
- Markus KERBER. Professor of Political Economy, 'Technische Universität' - from Berlin;
- Ambrose EVANS-PRITCHARD. International Business Editor, The Telegraph - from London.