Latest update: 16/11/2011
- Brussels - Europe - George Papandreou - Greece - Italy - Lucas Papademos - Silvio Berlusconi
Can they do better? Technocrats to the rescue in Italy and Greece
The politicians have made a fine mess of it, but are Brussels insiders better suited to pushing through painful reforms in Greece and Italy? Mario Monti will have to prove to Italians that he is his own man.
- Stéphane COSSE, Former senior economist, IMF; President, MODEM party, Paris
- Vincenzo SCARPETTA, Researcher, Open Europe
- Augusta CONCHIGLIA, Italian Freelance Journalist
- Lucio MALAN, Italian Senator, People of Freedom Party.