Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 29/11/2011
Islam in the Arab Spring: do elections mean more religion?
Moderate Islamist parties rule the day in the Arab Spring’s first elections in Egypt, Tunisia, and Morocco. Now come the challenges of reining in more radical Salafists and sticking to the anti-corruption pledges that won them so many votes.
- Rafik ABDEL SALAM, Political Committee Member, Ennahda party
- Zineb BELMKADDEM, Member of the February 20th Movement in Rabat
- Jalila HEDHLI-PEUGNET, President, 'Think Ahead for the Med Tunisia' assosciation
- Mahmoud ISMAIL, Director, Egyptian cultural Center in Paris
- Barak BARFI, Research fellow, New America Foundation
- Amel BOUBEKEUR, Researcher fellow, EHESS and ENS