Latest update: 06/12/2011
- Angela Merkel - euro - Europe - eurozone - Nicolas Sarkozy
The French president and the German Chancellor promise to sort out the euro by the weekend, with a bold reform ratified by March, but that's only "a facade", warns British MEP Andrew Duff.
- Andrew DUFF. MEP, Liberal Democrats (from Brussels);
- Christophe ROBEET. France 24 European Affairs Editor;
- Thierry MARCHAL-BECK. President, French Movement of Young Socialists;
- Isabell HOFFMAN. Project Manager, Europe's Future programme, Bertelsmann Foundation (by phone from Gütersloh, Germany).