Russia’s first general election since the advent of the smartphone offers up a surprise setback for Vladimir Putin. Are nascent protests the sign of a burgeoning democracy, or indeed the beginning of the end for the team that has now ruled for over a decade?
- Misha MOST, Russian artist;
- Natalia NAROCHNITSKAYA, President, Institute of Democracy and Cooperation; Former member of the State Duma of the Russian Federation;
- Galia ACKERMAN, Head of Russian Department, "Politique Internationale"(quarterly review);
- Douglas HERBERT, France 24 International Affairs editor;
- Vladimir SMEKHOV, France 24 journalist.
Watch the second part