Latest update: 14/12/2011
- Bashar al-Assad - France - human rights - Russia - Syria - UN Security Council - United Nations
5,000 killed and counting: UN showdown over killing in Syria
The United Nations Security Council remains squarely divided over Syria despite grim UN figures that point to a 20% spike in killings in just the past ten days. François Picard’s panel looks at what might make Russia budge.
- Sadek SALEM, Syrian activist;
- Vincent FLOREANI, French Foreign Ministry spokesman;
- Marietje SCHAAKE, MEP, Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe;
- Katherine VAN DE VATE, US State Department spokesperson.