The radical Islamists of Tunisia's Ansar al-Sharia movement on their website asked their supporters not to attend a rally planned in the city of Kairouan, a day after vowing to defy a government ban on the planned rally.
Latest update: 15/12/2011
- France - French elections - French politics - immigration - Marine Le Pen - Nicolas Sarkozy - university
France's closed door policy (part 2)
In the run-up to France’s presidential election, have tighter immigration quotas gone too far? François Picard’s panel explains how foreign graduate students have been singled out for deportation.
- Johanna BUSBY. American Student at Sciences Po Paris; member of the 'Collectif du 31 mai';
- Jonathan CHALOFF. Policy analyst, International Migration Division, OECD;
- Charles GIVADINOVITCH. National secretary, UMP;
- Craig COPETAS. Senior writer, Bloomberg News.