Former French president Jacques Chirac was found guilty on Thursday of embezzling funds and violating public trust for hiring members of his political party for non-existent civil jobs while he was mayor of Paris. Chirac says he will not appeal.
Former French president Jacques Chirac was given a two-year suspended jail sentence on Thursday after he was convicted of embezzling public money to finance his political party. Chirac has said he will not appeal.
- After #ChapkaGate, Hollande avoids fun photo ops
- Chirac v Chirac
- The World This Week - October 3rd, 2014 (part 2)
- The World This Week - October 3rd, 2014
- The Chirac family’s love-hate relationship with Sarkozy
- Chirac snubs Sarkozy by endorsing rival Juppé for presidency
- Bernadette Chirac says Sarkozy to run in 2017
- Frail ex-president Chirac in rare public appearance
- Brazil spying: 'pot, kettle, black'?
- Elysée chef spills beans on French presidents
Date created : 2011-12-15