Latest update: 16/12/2011
- corruption - Dominique de Villepin - French elections 2012 - French politics - Jacques Chirac - Nicolas Sarkozy
Chirac found guilty
Despite a long and well-documented list of corruption allegations, the conviction of Jacques Chirac surprises many. Is the two-year suspended sentence a slap on the wrist or a watershed moment for French politics?
- Ron SOFFER. Lawyer at the Paris and New York Bars;
- Stefan SIMONS. Paris correspondent, Der Spiegel;
- Marc PERELMAN. France 24 French Politics Editor;
- James SHIELDS. Professor of French Politics and Modern History, Aston University (from Birmingham, UK).