Latest update: 19/12/2011
- communism - economy - food safety - Kim Jong-Il - North Korea
Inside North Korea: Uncertainty over future of reclusive regime
To make sense of the changing of the guard inside the world’s most reclusive regime, look at the army… and the price of corn. So say former chief U.S. negotiator to North Korea Christopher Hill and Marcus Noland who interviewed hundreds of North Korean defectors for his latest book.
- Marcus NOLAND, Deputy Director and senior fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Jean-François DI MEGLIO, President, Asia Centre, economist and Asia specialist
- Ambassador Christopher HILL, Dean of the Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver, Chief US negotiator with North Korea from 2005-2009
- Euny HONG, France 24 Journalist