After failing to put down the anti-government protests with brute force, the regime of Bashar al-Assad has decided to bow to foreign pressure and allow a team of observers into the country. Their goal: find out whether Damascus is respecting its promise to end violence and pull its army out of residential areas. Cyril Vanier and his panel discuss whether the observers have what it takes to carry out this mission.
- Haitham MALEH, Syrian activist;
- Ole SOLVANG, Emergencies researcher, Human Rights Watch;
- Melissa BELL, France 24 International Affairs Editor;
- Julien PAIN, France 24 Observers;
- Walid PHARES, Professor, National Defense University.