Latest update: 30/12/2011
- industry - Iran - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - nuclear Iran - oil - United Nations
Iran's Warning (part 2)
Iran threatens to close the strait of Hormuz and effectively shut down the transit point for over a third of the world's oil, a scenario some analysts have described as Armageddon. Is Iran ready to go all the way and hold the global economy at ransom in order to avoid further sanctions? Or is it just bluffing, an empty threat made by a regime with dwindling options?
- Trita PARSI. Founder and President, National Iranian American Council. Author, "A Single Roll of the Dice - Obama's Diplomacy with Iran" - from Washington;
- Francis PERRIN. Editorial Manager, "Arab Oil and Gas";
- Hall GARDNER. Professor of International Relations, American University of Paris;
- Borzou DARAGAHI. Financial Times correspondent in Egypt - from Cairo.