Latest update: 02/01/2012
- Egypt - elections - Europe - financial crisis - Islamism - Libya - Popular revolt - Syria - Tunisia
The World Next Year: from new Islamist governments to US and French elections
François Picard and his panel discuss the Arab revolutions, the financial crisis and other important events of 2011 and their implications for 2012. Also on the agenda in this new year are elections in France and the US - can Barack Obama and Nicolas Sarkozy be re-elected?
- Steven ERLANGER, Paris Bureau Chief, New York Times;
- Patrick SMITH, Editor in Chief, The Africa Report;
- Christopher DICKEY, Paris Bureau Chief, Newsweek Magazine;
- Aude BARON, Editor in Chief, 'Le Plus-Nouvel Obs' (Le Nouvel Observateur).