Tunisian police clashed with supporters of Ansar al-Sharia on Sunday in Kairouan and in the suburbs of Tunis, where some 500 followers of the radical Islamist group were protesting after their annual congress was banned.
Latest update: 04/01/2012
- Barack Obama - Iran - Iranian elections - Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - nuclear Iran - oil
Iran under pressure (part 2)
Is it just sabre-rattling or should we worry about the war of words between Washington and Tehran? François Picard’s panel argues over the impact of sanctions both on the regime and ordinary Iranians.
- Meir JAVEDANFAR. Middle East Analyst, Middle East Economic and Political Analysis Company (from Tel Aviv);
- Muhammad SAHIMI. Lead Political Columnist, Tehran Bureau (from Los Angeles);
- Ali FATEMI. Professor, American School of Business and Economics;
- Rouzbeh PARSI. Research fellow, European Union Institute for Security Studies.