Italy’s constitutional court has rejected former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s challenge to a four-year jail sentence and five-year ban from public office handed to him in 2012 for tax fraud on TV rights bought by his Mediaset media empire.
Latest update: 12/01/2012
- Barack Obama - Democrats (USA) - Mitt Romney - Republicans (USA) - US politics - US presidential election 2012
Romney & the rest
Mitt Romney by default? With his opponents divided, the front-runner is already thinking about the autumn. François Picard's panel looks at the Republican field and at how, more than ever, the race to unseat the incumbent is also a race for cash.
- Stuart HAUGEN. Former president, Republicans Abroad France;
- Zachary MILLER. Democrats Abroad France;
- Régis LE SOMMIER. Deputy Editorial Director, Paris Match;
- Josh KRAUSHAAR. Executive Editor, National Journal Hotline (from Washington).