Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 16/01/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - Iran - nuclear Iran - Syria
Assad's message to the outside world
François Picard's panellists wonder if the killing of a French journalist in Homs is part of a broader message by the Syrian regime to stay out. Also, a look at Iran's response to yet another assassination of a nuclear scientist.
- Judah Grunstein, Editor-in-Chief, World Politics Review;
- Ammar Abd Rabbo, Photojournalist, Balkis Press;
- Hamdam Mostafavi, Journalist at Iran Desk, Courrier International;
- Nicholas Norbrook, Senior Editor, The Africa Report.
Produced by Paul Maakad, Christopher Davies, Mary Colombel, Anelise Borges.