Latest update: 17/01/2012
- debt - Economic crisis - Europe - finance - France - Italy - Mariano Rajoy - Nicolas Sarkozy - Spain
Downgraded: will Europe rally or come undone?
The downgrade of nine European nations may be a call to action, but François Picard’s panel is at odds over the intentions of "Anglo-Saxon rating agencies" and over whether Europeans can actually initiate bold reform with a French presidential election campaign underway.
- Fabienne KELLER, UMP Senator, Delegation for the European Union;
- Jorgo CHATZIMARKAKIS, MEP, Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe;
- Harald HAU, Professor of Finance, University of Geneva and Swiss Finance Institute;
- Jean-François ROBIN, Head of Strategy, Natixis Bank.