The lower house of the French parliament, the National Assembly, has approved a law imposing a €1,500 fine on those caught paying for sexual services. The bill is expected to go before the upper house for consideration in early 2014.
Latest update: 18/01/2012
- Economic crisis - Economic growth - euro - inflation - world economy
Austerity Angst (part 2)
"Stop obsessing with inflation", Italian MEP Pino Arlacchi tells the Germans as François Picard’s panel argues over the best way to spur growth in times of austerity...and whether the answer involves loosened labour laws.
- Pino ARLACCHI. MEP, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats (from Strasbourg);
- Rafael NEDZYNSKI. "Force Ouvrière" Union;
- Olivier LECOMTE. Professor of Finance, L'Ecole Centrale, Paris;
- Christian STOFFAES. President, French-German Council of Economic Analysis.