Nelson Mandela, South Africa’s revered anti-apartheid leader and the country’s first black president, has died at the age of 95, President Jacob Zuma has announced.
Latest update: 30/01/2012
- Barack Obama - Economic growth - finance - France - French elections 2012 - Nicolas Sarkozy - unemployment
The World this Week - January 27th, 2012 (Part 2)
Even if it was off the record, you know it’s not going well for the incumbent when he starts contemplating life after the presidency. François Picard’s panel looks at why Nicolas Sarkozy finds himself 20 percentage points down in the polls.
- Marcus MABRY, Editor at large, The International Herald Tribune;
- Danna HARMAN, Europe correspondent, Haaretz;
- Judah GRUNSTEIN, Editor-in-Chief, World Politics Review;
- Régis LE SOMMIER, Deputy Editorial Director, Paris Match.