Two French soldiers have been killed in the Central African Republic, the French presidency has announced. French and African Union troops are taking part in a UN-backed military operation aimed at halting inter-religious violence in the country.
Latest update: 03/02/2012
- Arab world - Egypt - football - Popular revolt
Egypt football disaster (part 2)
It may be too soon for a proper inquiry, but François Picard’s panel spells out its reasons to blame the Supreme Council of the Armed Forces for Egypt’s worst ever football stadium disaster.
- Yahya HAMED. Representative, Egyptian Freedom and Justice Party (from Cairo);
- Said SADEK. Professor of political sociology - American university of Cairo (from Cairo);
- Mohammed MAHMOUD. Egyptian activist, "6 April" movement;
- François PRADAL. Journalist, member of "Egypt Solidarity".
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Julie Dugelhoeff.