Latest update: 06/02/2012
- Abdoulaye Wade - Angela Merkel - Economic crisis - Egypt - Europe - Facebook - Germany - Nicolas Sarkozy - Senegal
The World This Week - Feburary 3rd, 2012 (part 2)
The politics of football come home to haunt Egyptians after their nation’s worst-ever stadium disaster. Also, Senegal’s democracy under a cloud, Germany plays "reluctant hegemon" to Europe, and the silly money bet on Facebook.
- Simon KUPER. Journalist, Financial Times. Author, "Football against enemy";
- Ana NAVARRO PEDRO. Paris Correspondent, Visao;
- Paul TAYLOR. European Affairs Editor, Reuters;
- Christopher DICKEY. Paris Bureau Chief, Newsweek Magazine. Columnist, The Daily Beast.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Paul Maakad, Christopher Davis.