Latest update: 07/02/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - France - Popular revolt - Russia - Syria - UN Security Council - war
Massacre in Homs
Eyewitnesses describe the indiscriminate shelling of Homs, one that activists see as the prelude to full-blown civil war in Syria. François Picard’s panel argues over the next step following the Russian and Chinese veto of a UN resolution.
- Majd EID. Syrian activist;
- Anton KOSLOV. Associate professor, American Graduate School of International Diplomacy;
- Chris PHILIPPS. Lecturer in the International Relations of the Middle East, School of Politics and International Relations (from London);
- Bilal SAAB. Fellow, Monterey Institute of International Studies (from Washington);
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis, Pauline Heilmann.