Latest update: 10/02/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - Popular revolt - Russia - Sergei Lavrov - Syria - Turkey - Vladimir Putin
Homs under fire: who will stop the killing? (part 2)
As the crackdown in Homs gets even more brutal, François Picard’s panel weighs up the feasibility of a safe haven near the Turkish border and rues the frustrating lack of an immediate solution for stopping the killing.
- Akil HASHEM, Military advisor, Syrian National Council;
- Vincent FLOREANI, Deputy spokesperson, French Foreign Ministry;
- Bahadir KALEAGASI, President, "Institut du Bosphore";
- Marina OTTAWAY, Director, Middle East Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace;
- Rupert COLVILLE, Spokesperson, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights.