Latest update: 21/02/2012
- Abdoulaye Wade - Africa - African politics - Senegal
The Trouble with Senegal (part 2)
As Abdoulaye Wade, 85, ignores cries - both at home and abroad - that his bid for a third term as president is unconstitutional, François Picard’s panel argues over the democratic credentials of a nation often hailed as a beacon of democratic light on the continent.
- Doudou SIDIBE. Head of Abdoulaye Wade's campaign in France, Senegalese Democratic Party;
- Amadou GAYE. Political strategist, Senegalese Socialist Party;
- Mamadou DIOUF. Director, Institute for African Studies. Professor of African Studies and History, Columbia University (from New York;)
- Douglas YATES. Professor of Political Science, American University of Paris.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Yi Song, Pauline Heilmann.