Latest update: 24/02/2012
- China - Dmitry Medvedev - Iran - Russia - Russian politics - Syria - Vladimir Putin
They say it’s now a multipolar world but East vs West comparisons creep often into conversation when you discuss Moscow’s foreign policy. François Picard’s panel looks at Russia’s insistence on arming Syria and its more nuanced view of Iran.
- Oleg KOBTZEFF. Historian and Geographer, American University of Paris;
- Meir JAVEDANFAR. Middle East Analyst, Meepas (from Tel Aviv);
- John LAUGHLAND. Director of Studies, Institute of Democracy and Cooperation, Paris;
- Robert PARSONS. France 24 International Affairs Editor.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Yi Song, Pauline Heilmann.