Latest update: 15/03/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - civil war - human rights - Syria
Syria One Year On
OOne year on, as Syria's uprising descends into full-blown civil war, François Picard's panel looks at the Assad regime's military superiority and the possible steps to breaking a grim impasse that's left nearly 10 000 dead.
- Rahaf HARFOUSH. Information Technology strategist;
- Muhieddine LADKANI. Member, Syrian National Council - from London;
- Hisham JABER. Head, Middle East Center for Studies & Political Affairs - from Beirut;
- Anna NEISTAT. Associate Director for Emergencies, Human Rights Watch;
- Matthieu MABIN. France 24 Senior Correspondent.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Wassim Nasr.