Latest update: 23/03/2012
- al Qaeda - France - integration - Islam - terrorism
Homegrown extremism: What lies beneath the France shootings? (part 2)
The Toulouse shooter started out as a delinquent with self-esteem issues. François Picard’s panel looks at what made him become a jihadist who went to Afghanistan and what the impact will be on the final month of the French presidential election campaign.
- James COHEN, Professor of Political Science, Université Paris III Sorbonne Nouvelle;
- Dr Brooke ROGERS, Senior Lecturer in Risk and Terror in the Department of War Studies and Co-Director of the MA in Terrorism, Security and Society, King's College London;
- Georja CALVIN-SMITH, Journalist, France 24;
- Eric OLANDER, France 24 Digital Media Editor.