Harris Interactive's poll echoed other recent surveys showing that Nicolas Sarkozy (28%) has overtaken his main rival, Socialist François Hollande (27%) and is now the frontrunner for the first round of the election. It also confirms the rise in support for left-winger Jean-Luc Mélenchon (13%) and a fall in voter intentions for centrist François Bayrou (11%).
Far-right candidate Marine Le Pen (16%) and Green party nominee Eva Joly (3%) neither lost or gained ground from the firm's previous survey.
CHECK PREVIOUS OPINION POLLS ON FRANCE'S PRESIDENTIAL RACE
- Paris Mayor Anne Hidalgo's popularity on the wane, says poll
- Labour, welfare reforms plunge Macron’s popularity ratings to record low
- Eight out of 10 in France say media ‘indispensable’ to democracy
- French government plans to set age of consent at 15
- New poll shows another sharp drop in Macron's popularity rating
- Trump’s ‘America First’ policy plunges global image of US, survey shows
- Marine Le Pen shakes off claims of plagiarism
Date created : 2012-03-29