Latest update: 04/04/2012
- France - French elections 2012 - National Front party (France) - Nicolas Sarkozy - Socialist Party (France) - Toulouse shootings
France under threat? (part 2)
With sting operations, arrests, and deportations, French authorities are firing on all cylinders against Islamist extremists. But has the reaction to the Toulouse shootings gone too far? The opposition accuses Nicolas Sarkozy of deliberately labouring the point to fuel his surge in the polls.
- Arnaud DANJEAN. MEP, European People's Party (UMP);
- Richard YUNG. French Socialist Senator;
- Karim AMELLAL. Lecturer, Sciences Po-Paris. Author, "Cités à comparaître";
- Marc PERELMAN. France 24 French Politics Editor.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis, Pauline Heilmann.