Latest update: 18/04/2012
Syria revolt: Observers, sanctions... but will it bring peace? (part 2)
Sixty-six years ago, French troops left the country and Syria was born. Now with UN observers on the ground and signs that international sanctions are beginning to bite, Laura Baines and her panel discuss whether the world is any closer to resolving the conflict in Syria.
- Vincent FLOREANI, Spokesperson, French Minsitry of Foreign Affairs;
- Ariel COLONOMOS, Director of Research, CNRS;
- Kako HIVINE, Spokesperson, Syrian Observatory for Human Rights;
- Najib al GHADBAN, Academic & Syrian National Council member;
- Jeffrey LAURENTI, Senior Fellow at The Century Foundation;
- Philippe BOLOPION, United Nations Director, Human Rights Watch.
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davies, Molly Hall and Mary Colombel