Italy’s constitutional court has rejected former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi’s challenge to a four-year jail sentence and five-year ban from public office handed to him in 2012 for tax fraud on TV rights bought by his Mediaset media empire.
Latest update: 01/05/2012
- Angela Merkel - ECB - Economic growth - economy - François Hollande - Nicolas Sarkozy - Spain
Europe's groundswell for growth (part 2)
With recession spreading across the continent, will the French presidential candidates make good on their pledge to get Germany to put more of the accent on growth? François Picard's panel looks at the groundswell against austerity.
- Julia CAGE, Harvard University & The Paris School of Economics;
- Harald HAU, University of Geneva & Swiss Finance Institute;
- Mark DEEN, Bloomberg News;
- Marina YANNAKOUDAKIS, British Conservative MEP (from London).
Produced by Wassim Nasr, Joseph Tandy, Molly Hall