Latest update: 10/05/2012
- diplomacy - France - François Hollande - French elections 2012 - French politics - Nicolas Sarkozy
Waiting for Hollande: French foreign policy beyond Europe's borders (part 2)
He won’t be untested on the world stage for long. No sooner will François Hollande be sworn in than he will jet off to Berlin, Washington, and Chicago for sit-downs and summits. On foreign policy, French presidents always seem to grapple with two shadows – that of their immediate predecessor and that of Fifth Republic founder Charles de Gaulle.
- Pierre CONESA. Former French Defence Ministry official; Author of "The manufacturing of an enemy, or how to kill with a clean conscience";
- Judah GRUNSTEIN. Editor-in-Chief, World Politics Review;
- Vincent JAUVERT. Senior Correspondent, Le Nouvel Observateur;
- Annemie NEYTS-UYTTEBROECK. Belgian MEP (from Brussels).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis.