Latest update: 10/05/2012
- bailout - elections - Europe - financial crisis - government - Greece
Greek Crisis: Facing the abyss (Part 2)
Greece has no government and could run out of money as early as next month. The state agreed to the terms of a second international bailout earlier this year, but the government that signed off on that deal is now out of power after an election that punished mainstream parties and put extremists in parliament for the first time. Laura Baines and her panel discuss how the Greek people can be led out of this mess and whether default and an exit from the euro are now inevitable.
- A. Craig COPETAS, Paris-based journalist and political analyst, Author of "Bear Hunting with the Politburo";
- Thrasy PETROPOULOS, Chief Editor of Athen News;
- Tyson BARKER, Director of Trans-Atlantic Relations, Bertelsmann Foundation North America;
- Ambrose EVANS PRITCHARD, International Business Editor, The Telegraph.
Programme prepared and produced by Christopher Davies, Molly Hall and Mary Colombel