Latest update: 18/05/2012
- Angela Merkel - Economic crisis - Economic growth - euro - eurozone - François Hollande - Greece
Make-Up Or Break-Up: Europe at the crossroads (part 2)
As leaders from the world's biggest economies get ready for this weekend's G8 summit in the US, some emerging market countries might be asking themselves if they want to take economics lessons from Europe. Zero (or below zero) growth, crippling debt, and a common currency constantly under threat....Europe's economy is the crisis that never went away. Laura Baines' panel discusses what, if anything, can be done to fix it.
- Alessandro GIRAUDO, Chief Economist, Viel-Tradition; Author, "Legends and Myths in Economics";
- Markus KERBER, Professor, Technische Universität Berlin;
- Guillaume DUVAL, Editor in Chief, "Alternatives Economiques";
- Thomas HOUDAILLE, Secretary General of EuropaNova.
Produced by Laura Baines, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Wassim Nasr.