Latest update: 22/05/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - Beirut - Hassan Nasrallah - Hezbollah - Lebanon - Saad Hariri - Syria
Could Lebanon erupt? (part 2)
Lebanon feels the boomerang effect of the conflict in Syria with a spike in violence both in the north and in Beirut. François Picard’s panel ponders the potential radicalisation of Lebanese politics and the consequences for the wider region.
- Moufid JABER. Head of Political Research, Middle East Center Beirut;
- Rouzbeh PARSI. Research Fellow, European Institute for Security Studies;
- Ziad MAJED. Assistant Professor, American University of Paris;
- Javier ESPINOSA. Middle East correspondent, El Mundo (from Beirut).
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Christopher Davis, Wassim Nasr.