Latest update: 22/05/2012
- Africa - African politics - human rights - Mali
What's the deal in Mali? (part 2)
Is Mali’s freshly-signed agreement to restore democracy in doubt? Malians express shock after the beating of their interim president by supporters of the junta that could have been stopped, say François Picard’s guests.
- Kassim KONE. Associate Professor of Anthropology, University of Suny Cortland - from New York;
- Richard YUNG. Senator, Socialist Party;
- Gregory MANN. Associate Professor, Columbia University;
- Gaëtan MOOTOO. Researcher on West Africa, Amnesty International.
Produced by François Picard, Anelise Borges, Mary Colombel, Wassim Nasr.