Latest update: 31/05/2012
- Bashar al-Assad - diplomacy - Kofi Annan - Russia - Syria - United Nations
Tipping point in Syria? - Houla massacre raises the stakes
After the expulsion of more than a dozen Syrian ambassadors around the world, how far will the backlash go over the massacre of 108 citizens, more than a third of them children? François Picard’s panel argues over the ability to pressure Russia to drop its support for the regime of Bashar al-Assad.
- Vincent FLORIANI, Deputy Spokesperson for the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- Monzer MAKHOUS, Syrian National Council Member and Coordinator for the European Union;
- Marietje SCHAAKE, MEP, Alliance for Liberals and Democrats in Europe, Spokesperson for Syria
- Anton KOZLOV, Associate Professor at the American Graduate School of Paris.
Program prepared and produced by Christopher Davies, Sara Bertilsson and Mary Colombel